The affordability of utilities plays a large role when people are deciding if and where they should rent. Are the utility costs low enough? Who includes utilities in the cost of the monthly rent and still has a reasonable price? At CTBest Apartments, you can find both luxury apartments that include utilities and an affordable cost. How?
One reason the costs of utilities is low when renting an apartment is because of the floor plan of the apartment and building. Large homes use a lot of energy and power to heat and cool the whole house. There are a lot of rooms and space, and it simply just takes more energy to heat and cool it.
By contrast, apartments are much more compact and don’t need as much energy to heat and cool the entire apartment. Less energy to do this means less money comes out of your pocket. In addition, apartments have at least one wall that is adjacent to another apartment. With one or more outer walls of the apartment next to another apartment, the weather outside doesn’t affect the temperature of the apartment inside as much because the other apartments are acting as insulation. This again allows apartments to use less energy to heat and cool the space and makes it more affordable.
Another reason utilities are affordable when renting an apartment is because many apartments, like at CTBest Apartments, include utilities in the monthly rent. It gives renters less to worry about and is just another reason why renting an apartment is more affordable.
CTBest Apartments offers nothing less than what renters want and need. At many CTBest apartments, utilities such as heat, hot water and cooking gas are included in the monthly rent. To find a luxury apartment with these utilities and more, visit www.CTBestApts.com or call or text leasing consultant Desiree at 203-223-1665.
Looking for something fun to do this summer that won’t break the bank? We’ve got you covered! From public art displays and outdoor concerts to farmers markets, here’s a list of some of our favorite things to do and see in Stamford this summer:
The Alive@Five Outdoor Summer Concert Series: July 7- August 11. Head on over to Columbus Park on Thursdays at 5 p.m. for some of the best music you’ll find this summer for $10-15. This annual event is a local favorite and is one you definitely won’t want to miss. Here’s the lineup:
July 7: O.A.R
July 14: Hanson
July 21: Third Eye Blind
July 28: Eric Hutchinson
August 4: Easton Corbin
August 11: CeeLo Green
Wednesday Nite Live: July 6 – July 27. Formerly known as Jazz-Up July, Wednesday Nite Live has got your middle-of-the-week concert fix. For just $10, you can hear live music at Columbus Park from some incredible performers:
July 6: The Temptations
July 13: The 5th Dimension
July 20: George Benson
July 27: Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo on their “We Live for Love” Tour Read More→
It is that time in your life where you have to decide where you want to live. When looking at apartments, you can see how there are many advantages of apartment living. You can find a great location closer to the city and have more freedom to do what you want when you live in an apartment. Not to mention, renting an apartment gives you a worry-free life, and you can still make it your own.
One of the advantages of renting an apartment that fosters a worry-free lifestyle is low maintenance. When you rent an apartment, you don’t have to worry about lawn care and other maintenance issues and if something breaks in the apartment, the owner or landlord pays for the fixes, which means more money stays in your pocket. Another reason renting is great is because it can be cheaper than owning a home since you have no mortgage or repair costs, and there are no direct property taxes. Additionally, renting an apartment gives you more freedom and time to do what you want and relax since you don’t have all the maintenance and other things homeowners have to worry about.
There are many advantages to renting and living in an apartment because you can have a worry-free lifestyle and make your apartment truly your home. In addition, most apartments, like CTBest Apartments, are in great locations closer to the city and are conveniently located near a variety of restaurants, shopping, parks and much more. If you are looking for an apartment to make your own that gives you the best of a worry-free lifestyle, call or text leasing consultant Desiree at 203-223-1665 or visit www.CTBestApts.com.
No matter how long your guests stay, you want them to feel like they are welcome. By adding some personal touches, the comforts of home and open arms, you’ll make any guest feel like they’re a part of the family.
- Your guests should get the same treatment as if they’re staying in a hotel. The bed should be made (and clean) upon their arrival and fresh towels should be laid out ahead of time as well. We suggest white towels and linens to really convey a sense of cleanliness; it’s also a good idea to make these towels different than your personal collection so you can identify what’s yours and what’s for guests.
- Supply a variety of pillows for your guests so they can sleep as comfortable as possible.
- Go the extra step by laying out a plush robe and some slippers to really give them the VIP treatment.
- Provide guests with everything they’ll need, as they will probably forget something. Stock up on travel-sized toiletries and disposable toothbrushes and razors. Don’t forget to have some extra toilet paper as well so they don’t have to ask you for any.
- Ask guests what they like to eat and if they have any dietary restrictions, then stock up your pantry and fridge with some of their favorite drinks and snacks.
- Make sure your guests stay connected by jotting down the WiFi password or ordering cute prints and framing them to showcase your style. You should also take a few minutes to write down any emergency phone numbers, instructions for electronics, public transit instructions and anything else they might need to know; you can organize these in a small folder or binder to keep things tidy.
- If you’re comfortable with it, give your guests a spare key so they can come and go as they please and won’t feel restricted by your schedule.
- If you don’t have an extra closet, clear out some space in yours for your guests to use; you can also give them access to one of your drawers if they have things that need to be folded instead of hung. Be sure to have some extra hangers handy.
- Make sure their room has open power outlets for their technology.
- Stock the nightstand with a lamp, an alarm clock, some reading material, water and some fresh flowers.
- Keep a luggage rack in the spare room so guests don’t have to put their suitcases on the floor.
- Give them access to paper and pens so they can write down any info they’ll need to remember during their stay. It is also a cute idea to provide some postcards from your city and stamps so guests can send greetings from your home.
Just consider these tips and your guests will feel like they are staying in a five-star hotel. If you’re looking for an apartment that’s perfect for you and your guests, call or text leasing consultant Desiree at 203-223-1665 or visit www.CTBestApts.com.
Get into the spirit of Earth Day this year and become more eco-friendly. By doing some pretty simple things a little bit at a time, you can make a huge difference in our planet’s well-being. What better place to start helping the environment than right in your own home? We’re sharing some of our tips to help you become more eco-friendly at home.
- Of course, the biggest thing you can do at home to help the environment is recycle. Place a recycling chart in your home near your recycling containers to help everyone at home become more aware of what they’re throwing away.
- If you can, invest in furniture and bedding that uses nontoxic, organic and sustainable materials. Items made from bamboo are especially good since it is the fastest-growing plant on earth and replenishes itself faster than other trees.
- Did you know that appliances take up energy simply by being plugged in? Be sure to unplug things when you’re not using them, even if they’re turned off.
- To save on your heating bill, open the blinds on those cold but sunny days.
- A fun way to generate heat is to have a party! Each person can generate the same amount of warmth as a 100-watt heater. You can also cuddle up to Fido or Fluffy as an alternative way to stay warm.
- Before you open the refrigerator, know what you want to eat. Keeping the door open too long causes it to work harder and therefore run up that electricity bill.
- Cleaning with vinegar is a natural way to kill bacteria, germs and mold.
- Use glass, silicone or ceramic dishes to reduce required cooking temperature.
- You’ll want to be sure to keep that oven door closed while you’re cooking to make sure all the heat stays in and doesn’t cause more work for the oven.
- Shower instead of bathing to use less water.
- Wash your clothes in cold water and hang them to dry.
Of course, these aren’t the only ways to make your apartment more eco-friendly. Keeping these tips in mind not just on Earth Day but on every day of the year will lead to a healthier life for you, your family and the rest of the planet.
CTBest has luxury apartments in Branford, Norwalk, Hamden/New Haven and Stamford, Connecticut. For more information, call/text leasing consultant Desiree at 203-223-1665 or visit www.CTBestApts.com.
Spring is in the air, which means so is pollen and other allergens that have collected in your apartment during the winter months in Connecticut. Spring is a time of renewal and rejuvenation, so make your apartment bloom by following these helpful spring cleaning tips to make your apartment sparkle and shine.
-First, throw away or donate unwanted items so you can get a better idea of what you’re working with. Discard expired food items and donate tableware and small appliances that you might not use anymore.
-Give your refrigerator a good wipe down and wash out bins and shelving in the sink using warm water and detergent.
-Wipe down shelves, cupboards and drawers next. This is also the perfect chance for you to do some much-needed reorganizing while you’re at it.
-Clean the stovetop, oven and microwave. When you’re done, use the microwave to disinfect that dirty sponge.
-You might take out the trash, but don’t forget to actually wash the trash can, where harmful bacteria and odor can stick around. Read More→